The Sydney Skinny is seeking volunteers to assist with the 7th annual event on March 17, 2019 at Cobblers Beach, Middle Head.
Volunteers are such a key part to the success of the event.
- Parking Assistant: The event has very limited parking. Participants arrive and leave throughout the day depending on what wave they are registered in. Parking Assistants help with the ease of parking and managing the space available.
- Registration Staff: As participants arrive, they need to check in and get a wristband indicating their wave start. Registration volunteers assist in getting everyone checked in appropriately.
- Information Point: Information point volunteers will be armed with all of the information needed to answer any and all questions participants may have on the day.
- Bag Check Volunteer: As the participants head down to the beach to do the swim, they tend to leave belongs at the top in the festival area. The bag check volunteers assists in managing all personal belongs of the participants.
- Check Point Marshall: As the participants are ready to do the swim, they are called to the beach in waves. There are
three check points along the way from the festival area to the beach. The check point marshals assist in guiding participants to the beach.
- Sarong Volunteer: It is very important to us that modesty is considered for this event. As participants exit
the water, they are handed a sarong. The Sarong volunteers wade in the water and hand participants a sarong as they exit.
As a thank you for your assistance volunteers will receive:
- Lunch Voucher
- Certificate of Appreciation
Register Your Interest
Please use the form below to register your interest in volunteering at the 2019 Sydney Skinny.